Wednesday, April 22, 2009

HAPPY EARTH DAY!!!

Today is Earth Day! (April 22nd)
Earth day is made to inspire awareness and appreciation for the Earth's environment.
So instead of just playing around, go do something for the environment! I'm going to plant some trees :) About 3 years ago (on this same day), I planted a tree in my backyard and it's pretty big now! My brother planted one too but, he didn't take care of it so it broke and hasn't even grown an inch. I'll be replacing that tree with another one this year. Theres many more things you can do than just plant trees on Earth Day. You can walk to school instead, or use a bike. I walk to school everyday, in snow or in rain. It isn't that hard. You can also take a short shower, wash clothes in cold water, use public transportation, and replace your incandescent light bulbs with compact fluorescent bulbs. 

What are you going to do?

For more ways in helping this planet go to: http://www.earthday.ca/pub/resources/action.php

4 comments:

  1. I think that i am not going to use stuff that is plastic or cannot be recycled for the whole day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY EARTH DAYYY EVERYONEEE :) :D ;) <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAPPY EARTH DAYYY EVERYONEEE :) :D ;) <3

    Copy and paste below . . . :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAPPY EARTH DAYYY EVERYONEEE :) :D ;) <3

    Copy and paste below . . . :)

    ReplyDelete